Skip to content

Tyne and Wear Metro : Stations : Gosforth depot

Gosforth depot is just north of South Gosforth station, in the fork between the Airport and Tyne Coast lines. Trains can access the depot from either Longbenton or Regents Centre station, and there is also a depot avoiding line between these two stations which is not used for public service.

The depot was opened as South Gosforth Car Sheds by the London North Eastern Railway in 1923 to maintain the Tyneside Electrics introduced by its forbear the North Eastern Railway.

Pictures

Pages: [1] 2

Pages: [1] 2

 

Search for more pictures taken at Gosforth depot

Location

Street map

 

System map

system map

More map links

Google Earth logo is © Google; Multimap logo is © Multimap

Services and diagram

 

 

Back to top

Page generated in ≈ 0.0268 seconds