The DLR consists of five routes:
- Stratford—to the north
- Beckton via the Royal Docks, in the east
- Woolwich via London City Airport in the east
- Lewisham via Canary Wharf and the Isle of Dogs to the south, and
- The City with termini at Bank and Tower Gateway
The Stratford, Beckton, Lewisham and City routes converge at Poplar/West India Quay, and the route to Woolwich Arsenal branches off the Beckton route at Canning Town.
Future extensions will take the DLR to:
- Stratford to Canning Town (planned)—this will mean taking over part of the North London Line mainline railway
- Barking Reach and Dagenham (proposed)
Click for a map of the DLR in the Isle of Dogs.